Australian man develops stomach growth after drinking from can that fell in water
An Australian fisherman got a deadly beer belly after sipping from a can he’d dropped in a polluted river.
John Macdonald, 60, contracted the mystery bug in March after drinking from the tin that had previously slipped out of his hand into the Brisbane River, Queensland.
Hours after consuming its contents, the grandfather started suffering violent stomach pains.
His gut also ballooned to several times its size.
Macdonald has undergone several surgeries to remove the constantly returning growth. He’s also endured courses of strong antibiotics.
But nothing seems to stop the growth, and doctors are baffled as to what the condition actually is.
He’s now gone public with his pain in a bid to find a cure.
“I want to tell my story to the world in the hope that someone somewhere might answer my prayers and finally get me well,” Metro reports him as saying.
“I’m a good bloke and I want to be around for my kids and my little grandchild so if there’s a bloody good doc out there that can help, then give me a holler,” he added.