118 confirmed dead from yesterdays bomb explosion in jos, there may be more – NEMA

According to a report by AFP, the National Emergency Management Agency, NEMA told them that 118 people have been confirmed dead from yesterdays bomb blast in Jos, with several others still under the debris

“The exact figure of the dead bodies recovered as of now is 118 and more bodies may be in the debris of buildings which collapsed due to the intensity of the blasts.”

Mohammed Abdulsalam told AFP. He also revealed that 56 people were injured in the twin blasts.

Plateau state Police commissioner Chris Olakpe had earlier told reporters that only 46 people were killed and 45 others were injured. He later said “We are saying 46. That’s the number we have in the morgues. But we are not ruling out more bodies.”

Well, eye-witnesses insists there are way more bodies. At least 200. Many have not been recovered.

Advertisements

Posted on May 21, 2014, in crime. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: